Sunday 15 March 2015

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - soundtrack

Ok, so I'm a sucker for a soundtrack at the best of times. I think it can really make or break a film, and I like being exposed to music I might not otherwise listen to. Sometimes I will download a whole soundtrack and sometimes I'll download just one or two songs. The songs from GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY soundtrack however, are already in my music, so I was well equipped for the karaoke party that ensued.



The Red Haired Amazona and I finally got around to watching GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (I know, I know I'm behind the times a bit on this one) and I'm ashamed to admit that I'm going to have to watch it again. Not because it wasn't awesome and not because I was too pre-occupied with crochet, but because the soundtrack was so freakin' rad that I spent the majority of the film dancing and singing along and I didn't pay any bloody attention to the plot. I couldn't tell you much about the film except there's a tree type dude that says "I am Groot" a lot and Chris Pratt's character (can't even tell you his name) tries to have a dance off with some other dude who seems to be kind of a baddie. Anyone who attempts to have a dance off  to "Oooh Child" by Five Stairsteps is alright in my books.

I remember watching the trailer and hearing "Hooked on a Feeling" and actually being hooked becuase I love that song. Now multiply that feeling by 12 and you can understand why I didn't end up paying much attention to the film. This is what the stoyline had to contend with;

1) Hooked on a Feeling - Blue Suede
2) Go All The Way - Raspberries
3) Spirit in the Sky - Norma Greenbaum
4) Moonage Daydream - David Bowie
5) Fooled Around and Fell in Love - Elvin Bishop
6) I'm Not in Love - 10Cc
7) I Want You Back - Jackson 5
8) Cone and Get Your Love - Redbone
9) Cherry Bomb - The Runaways
10) Escape (The Pina Colada Song) - Rupert Holmes
11) Ooh Child 0 The Five Stairsteps
12) Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Marvin Gaye/Tammi Terrell



I remember a walkman, and Chris Pratt going back to get the walkman, and I remember thinking that it was totally worth the risk, but I seriously have to watch the film again because aside from those few pivotal moments, I can't really tell you what went on. 

Moral of the story is that if you want an awesome soundtrack to listen to at the moment you should get the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY soundtrack because it's the shit. But, you probably already know this because you saw the film months ago and I'm just a raving lunatic trying to set a trend that's already been and gone. Whatever, I loved it and I'm already made a playlist with my exisiting tunes to match this line up. 

You can dowload it through iTunes, or get to it on Spotify where some clever clogs has made  up the playlist, or buy an actual album which is really nice sometimes, particularly when the cover art is as great as this one! Whatever your method of music enjoyment, get amongst it and be prepared to be singing at the top of your lungs and disturbing your neighbours like I am right now!

xoxo
The Blonde Bombshell

1 comment:

  1. I'd watch it again because it was also a bloody hilarious movie! Can hardly wait for the next one AND it's soundtrack!

    ReplyDelete