Saturday 14 March 2015

and so it begins....

It's been a while since I wrote anything on a blog, or in fact anything at all that other people are going to read, because let's face it no one reads what I write in my reports at work. However, I have made an executive decision that I'm going to get back into this whole writing thing.




When I worked in the cinema industry I used to write reviews, and share little tidbits of information about upcoming films, share trailers and basically just talk about films a lot. Then I stopped working in the industry and whilst I didn't stop watching films, I did stop writing about them because I thought I didn't have the time. Well, I still don't think I have the time, but I have discovered that I don't have time for anything, so I'm just going to do it anyway because that's what you have to do when you're a grown up and you don't have time for things. Do them anyway.

I see a couple of films at the cinema a week usually because I really do love watching movies and I love watching them in a cinema. I'm well known at my local cinema and I very rarely stray and go to other cinemas unless there is something I desperately want to see and it's not showing at my local. I also have a regular standing date with the Red Haired Amazona on a Saturday evening and we watch films together while we crochet.



We watch a wide variety of films, from the very old to the very new. We started this whole affair under the title "Hooked on Classics" where we watched classic films from the 30's and 40's and crocheted. We have since expanded our viewing repertoire so that our SOs who sometimes join us can enjoy movie night as well. They both think we're a little weird that we sit and watch films whilst glancing at our tablets or smart phones to look at the patterns we are currently following, but hey that's just how we roll.

Anyway, I digress. The point that I'm trying to make is that I'm going to get back into reviewing films, and talking about what's new in the entertainment world, what I'm excited about and what I think is worth spending $20 odd dollars on at the cinema because sometimes a film is just better when you see it at the cinema. I will also probably talk about other stuff like crocheting, baking, tea, dancing, books and my cat, because those are other things I love and love talking about.



So, stay tuned because I went and saw two films last night and I'm going to tell you what I think about them shortly.

xoxo
The Blonde Bombshell

No comments:

Post a Comment