Monday 11 January 2016

Golden Globes 2016



Alright folks, it's happened, the winners are out, and whilst I didn't get in in time for my predictions post for the Globes, I've got the list of winners along with who I think should have won below. Sadly this year I didn't get a chance to sit down and watch the Globes as it was happening (stupid life and real job getting in the way), but I am going to sit down tonight and feast on the glory that is Ricky Gervais and enjoy the ceremony with a glas of vino (or 7).

Winners are marked in bold;


  1. BEST MOTION PICTURE – DRAMA

a.
CAROL - haven't got to see this yet as it's not out in Australia, but by God am I excited for it!! Based on the reviews, I would have put this as my prediction for the winner

Number 9 Films; The Weinstein Company
b.
MAD MAX: FURY ROAD - I was not as wrapped with this film as everyone else in the world, it was good, but I certainly wouldn't have backed it as a winner

Warner Bros. Pictures / Village Roadshow Pictures / Kennedy Miller Mitchell; Warner Bros. Pictures
c.
THE REVENANT - am off to see this later in the week, so I will offer my judgement then

Regency Enterprises; Twentieth Century Fox
d.
ROOM  - I just saw the extended trailer for this last week and I am super keen to see it!

Element Pictures / No Trace Camping; A24
e.
SPOTLIGHT - Australia is so behind...how am I ever meant to work it out when I can't even see the films yet?!

Anonymous Content / Participant Media / First Look; Open Road Films

2.     BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A MOTION PICTURE – DRAMA

a.
CATE BLANCHETT
CAROL - I would have put my money on Cate for the win here
b.
BRIE LARSON
ROOM - again, I have not yet seen this as it's not out yet, but she looks bloody brilliant in the trailers!!
c.
ROONEY MARA
CAROL
d.
SAOIRSE RONAN
BROOKLYN
e.
ALICIA VIKANDER
THE DANISH GIRL

3.     BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A MOTION PICTURE – DRAMA

a.
BRYAN CRANSTON
TRUMBO
b.
LEONARDO DICAPRIO
THE REVENANT - so annoyed I haven't seen this yet, but I'm glad Leo won!
c.
MICHAEL FASSBENDER
STEVE JOBS
d.
EDDIE REDMAYNE
THE DANISH GIRL - I would have put my money on Eddie for the win here
e.
WILL SMITH
CONCUSSION


4.     BEST MOTION PICTURE – MUSICAL OR COMEDY 

a.
THE BIG SHORT

Paramount Pictures / Regency Enterprises; Paramount Pictures
b.
JOY

Fox 2000 Pictures; Twentieth Century Fox
c.
THE MARTIAN - I would have put my money on The Martian for sure!

Twentieth Century Fox; Twentieth Century Fox
d.
SPY

Twentieth Century Fox; Twentieth Century Fox
e.
TRAINWRECK

Universal Pictures / Apatow Productions; Universal Pictures

5.     BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A MOTION PICTURE – MUSICAL OR COMEDY

a.
JENNIFER LAWRENCE
JOY -no real surprises here, although in my mind it should have been Maggie Smith! I don't think this is Jen's best work to be honest
b.
MELISSA MCCARTHY
SPY
c.
AMY SCHUMER
TRAINWRECK
d.
MAGGIE SMITH
THE LADY IN THE VAN -  I would have put my money on Maggie Smith
e.
LILY TOMLIN
GRANDMA

6.     BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A MOTION PICTURE – MUSICAL OR COMEDY

a.
CHRISTIAN BALE
THE BIG SHORT
b.
STEVE CARELL
THE BIG SHORT
c.
 MATT DAMON
THE MARTIAN -  this is absolutely where I would have put my money for the win. MATT DAMON
d.
AL PACINO
DANNY COLLINS
e.
MARK RUFFALO
INFINITELY POLAR BEAR -  a close second for me here, one of the most underrated actors 


7.     BEST MOTION PICTURE – ANIMATED 

a.
ANOMALISA

Starburns Industries; Paramount Pictures
b.
THE GOOD DINOSAUR

Pixar Animation Studios; Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
c.
INSIDE OUT - of course this won, it was a freakin' incredible film! 

Pixar Animation Studios; Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
d.
THE PEANUTS MOVIE

Blue Sky Studios; Twentieth Century Fox
e.
SHAUN THE SHEEP MOVIE

Aardman; Lionsgate / Studiocanal

8.     BEST MOTION PICTURE – FOREIGN LANGUAGE

a.
THE BRAND NEW TESTAMENT
(BELGIUM / FRANCE / LUXEMBOURG)

Terra Incognita / Climax Films / Après le Déluge / Juliette Films / Caviar; Belga Films / Le Pacte
b.
THE CLUB
(CHILE)

Fabula; Music Box Films

c.
THE FENCER
(FINLAND / GERMANY / ESTONIA)

Making Movies / Kick Film GmbH / Allfilm; Oy Nordisk Film Ab
d.
MUSTANG
(FRANCE)

CG Cinéma / Vistamar Flimproduktion; Cohen Media Group

e.
SON OF SAUL
(HUNGARY) - none of these I've been able to see yet, so I would have guessed based on trailer alone and it would have been Fencer

Laokoon Filmgroup; Sony Pictures Classics




9.     BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN ANY MOTION PICTURE

a.
JANE FONDA
YOUTH
b.
JENNIFER JASON LEIGH
THE HATEFUL EIGHT
c.
HELEN MIRREN
TRUMBO
d.
ALICIA VIKANDER
EX MACHINA
e.
KATE WINSLET
STEVE JOBS - that's a bit exciting! I love Kate. I would have put my money on Alicia Vikander, but that's the only one of these films I've seen so far

10.  BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN ANY MOTION PICTURE

a.
PAUL DANO
LOVE & MERCY
b.
IDRIS ELBA
BEASTS OF NO NATION
c.
MARK RYLANCE
BRIDGE OF SPIES
d.
MICHAEL SHANNON
99 HOMES
e.
SYLVESTER STALLONE
CREED - absolutely this is correct, but if I hadn't seen it I would have put money on Paul Dano

11.  BEST DIRECTOR – MOTION PICTURE

a.
TODD HAYNES
CAROL
b.
ALEJANDRO G. IÑÁRRITU
THE REVENANT - I would have put my money on THE MARTIAN, but I haven't seen THE REVENANT yet, so I may just change my mind
c.
TOM MCCARTHY
SPOTLIGHT
d.
GEORGE MILLER
MAD MAX: FURY ROAD
e.
RIDLEY SCOTT
THE MARTIAN



12.  BEST SCREENPLAY – MOTION PICTURE

a.
EMMA DONOGHUE
ROOM
b.
TOM MCCARTHY,
 JOSH SINGER
SPOTLIGHT
c.
CHARLES RANDOLPH, ADAM MCKAY
THE BIG SHORT
d.
AARON SORKIN
STEVE JOBS - even though I haven't seen this yet, I would have thought Aaron Sorkin would have it I the bag. His screenplays are always incredible
e.
QUENTIN TARANTINO
THE HATEFUL EIGHT

13.  BEST ORIGINAL SCORE – MOTION PICTURE

a.
CARTER BURWELL
CAROL
b.
ALEXANDRE DESPLAT
THE DANISH GIRL - If it weren't for Ennio then I would have put my money here
c.
ENNIO MORRICONE
THE HATEFUL EIGHT - I have so much Ennio Morricone on my iPod people might think I'm a stalker... 
d.
DANIEL PEMBERTON
STEVE JOBS
e.
RYUICHI SAKAMOTO,
ALVA NOTO
THE REVENANT
             
14.  BEST ORIGINAL SONG – MOTION PICTURE 

a.
“LOVE ME LIKE YOU DO” — FIFTY SHADES OF GREY

Music by:
Max Martin, Savan Kotecha, Ali Payami, Ilya Salmanzadeh

Lyrics by:
Max Martin, Savan Kotecha, Ali Payami, Ilya Salmanzadeh
b.
“ONE KIND OF LOVE” — LOVE & MERCY

Music by:
Brian Wilson, Scott Bennett

Lyrics by:
Brian Wilson, Scott Bennett
c.
“SEE YOU AGAIN” — FURIOUS 7

Music by:
Justin Franks, Andrew Cedar, Charlie Puth, Cameron Thomaz

Lyrics by:
Justin Franks, Andrew Cedar, Charlie Puth, Cameron Thomaz
d.
“SIMPLE SONG #3” — YOUTH

Music by:
David Lang

Lyrics by:
David Lang
e.
“WRITING'S ON THE WALL” — SPECTRE - yeah ok, I can see why this won...I preferred One kind of Love from LOVE & MERCY though

Music by:
Sam Smith, Jimmy Napes

Lyrics by:
Sam Smith, Jimmy Napes

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some serious film viewing to do in the lead up to the Oscars this year so I can make some informed choices and also express outrage and disappointment that my favourites didn't win knowing that they were truly the best.

I'll leave you with this clip of Ricky at the Globes this year...people are equally amused and offended, but they keep inviting him back, so they only have themselves to blame. I for one love him, so let's keep him coming back and back and back!


Xoxo
The Blonde Bombshell

No comments:

Post a Comment